PROJECTS UNDER CONSTRUCTION
St. Cecilia Motherhouse Convent Chapel Addition
St. Cecilia was started in the 1850's by three nuns from Chicago. This is the first Chapel construction on site since the late 1880's. It was Phase 2 of a 3-Phase project for the Sisters of St. Cecilia. The Chapel is approximately 9,598 SF, not including the mechanical space. The Nave, Sanctuary, and Apse have porcelain and marble floors with 38' high ceilings. Arched openings separate the main Nave from the side aisles.
The Chapel contains high-end finishes with wood trim and marble floors. The basement area houses the mechanical systems The design includes new Exonarthex, confessionals, sacristy, and sanctuary.
This project incorporates religious artwork, statues, and symbols from Spain. Hardaway coordinated deliveries and installation of these items with the owner's contractor, Grande. Hardaway coordinated the installation of a large pipe organ from Wicks Organ Company, as well as the cherry pews and stalls from New Holland Church Furniture from Pennsylvania. The stained glass windows used in the Chapel are from Germany.