Hardaway's First "Big House" Project Underway
How many times have you heard someone utter the response “This ain’t my first rodeo” when responding to a challenge? From over 17,000 units of multifamily construction, The Villas on Wallace Road in Knoxville, TN ain’t our first rodeo, but it is still a first. This is Hardaway’s first Big House® design apartment project to build so we wanted to share a few things about it in case this is a first for you too.
The Villas on Wallace Road is a 76-unit apartment development and three of the apartment buildings are the Big House® design, each containing 10 units on two stories. The Big House® is a design concept created by Humphreys & Partners Architects which closely resembles a large single-family home, breaking away from the more institutional looking three-story apartment building. A few highlights that may interest you:
- Design includes a neighborhood feel that blends well within high-end communities
- 100% efficient, rentable area - no breezeways or open corridors
- Enclosed private stairs for all upper unitsIntegrates private parking garages into the buildings
- Garages provide direct access to units and additional storage
- Garages configured to limit door visibility on each side of structure resembling more like big houses
This project is being co-developed by Crescent Bend Development and Cumberland Advisors and is Hardaway’s third project for this ownership group.
The Villas on Wallace Road
« Back to all media